Don’t let the few remaining weeks of summertime get away from you. Make the most of the sunshine and warm weather by creating a special "bucket list" specifically for summer! Need some inspiration? We’ve compiled a list of a few of our favorite summertime activities and we know you’ve probably got a few ideas of your own. Create a list of things you want to be sure to do and experience before the days get shorter (and the snow flies)!
- Get up before the crack of dawn and savor the sunrise.
- Buy yourself a hula-hoop and give it a whirl.
- Wait for a warm rain (no hail, wind, or lightning please) and dance in it.
- Find the most perfect picnic location, pack up your favorite foods in a basket, and have a picnic.
- Go fly a kite up where the air is clear.
- Here’s a real adventure if you’re feeling a little risqué? Go skinny dipping!
- Get in touch with your inner child and blow some bubbles.
- Be a do-gooder and volunteer for a day.
- Be an astrologer for a night and lay out under the stars.
- Try all 31 Baskin Robbins flavors.
- Act like a kid again and instigate a water fight.
- Combine the perfect shade tree with a perfect book for an afternoon of reading.
- Make memories with the outdoors as your backdrop. Schedule a family photo session with a photographer.
- Connect with nature. Go on a nature hike with a camera and see how many species of flower you can capture on “film”.
- Dream up some fantastic architecture and build a sand castle.
- Show your team spirit and attend a Minor League baseball game.
- Enjoy all-natural produce by visiting (and purchase from) a local farmer’s market.
- Capture light by catching fire flies in a jar (but be kind and release them again).
- Get creative with your grill – think pizzas, quesadillas, salads, and desserts!
- Create a summer playlist. Pull together your favorite tunes for the season.
- Head north and view the Northern Lights.
- Take a day off work and surprise your kids by playing outside games all day!
- Plan a mystery day trip for you and your group of besties!
- Enjoy “the arts” in the great outdoors! Attend an outdoor concert or live production in the park.
- Find an outdoor eating establishment in your area and enjoy dining al fresco.
- Toss out the maps – just pick a direction and drive for a day. See what amazing things you can discover.
- Forget about the PGA. Play a round at a miniature golf course.
- Indulge in homemade lemonade on a hot day.
- Make homemade ice cream. No maker – no worries. Try this!
- Spread some love. Pick flowers and leave them on someone’s desk, doorstep, windshield, etc.
- See something on a HUGE screen. Attend a movie in a local park or go back in time at a drive-in theater.
The Soul Sisters
Soulspiration of the Week:
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." ~C. S. Lewis